Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 26, 2014, 04:10:15 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Dreadful Interview Questions
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Dreadful Interview Questions  (Read 2272 times)
ftdale
just starting

« on: April 08, 2007, 11:23:59 AM »

What's the worst question you ever recieved in an interview? Let's leave out not being able to answer questions which are technical or related to your field. I was thinking more along the lines of 'What do you think about our little town?' kinda questions. I've been tempted to answer back that I'd rather be back in my comfy couch than have to answer questions about a dead-end town with dreary weather and horrible food.

Just like to know your experiences, so I can help my clients prepare better.
Report to moderator   Logged
lava
liking it

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 05:32:11 AM »

The worst interview question I was given was, "why are you leaving your current job?"  In my mind I want to say, its because I hate my job, my co-workers, my boss and my work environment.  Of course, I can't say that.  Instead I must quickly find a suitable answer to this question, such as I am looking for a challenge or there wasn't room for growth. You just have to think on your feet and always be ready for any question they throw at you. 
stanford
liking it

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 06:42:25 AM »

I was once asked in an interview, "Don't you think your extremely overqualified for this job."  That's a terrible thing to hear during an interview.  It makes you feel very self conscious and stupid for applying for the job. I just assured him that I would meet his expectations and would use my expertise to make the company grow.  That was the best answer I could think of at the time.  I suppose he wanted to catch me off guard and he did.  I just hope I gave him the answer he was looking for.
Lisette
Forum Moderator
liking it

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:56:56 PM »

My worst is a long time ago when I was being interviewed for a job by the Head of HR and the Head of Operations.  About half way through the interview the head of operations said to me: 'if you were to get this job you would be working on my team and I would expect you to report back to HR only what I told you to'.  Now this is tough since you have them both sitting in front of you.  As it happens I was young and prissy enough to have said in reply 'if I were on your team it would be as an HR professional and I would decide what to tell whom'.  At this point he jumped up and said 'give her the job' and left the room.  I do not know who was more embarassed, the Head of HR or myself.  It transpired that my predecessor had got into a bit of a mess and had failed to keep the HR department in touch with developments and they had had some employee relations issues. 

Betty
liking it

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 08:23:16 AM »

I once was asked to tell them about the worst boss I ever had and what made him so bad.  That was a really difficult question to answer.  I had no clue how to properly answer it.  I hesitated for a long time and told him that I never really had a bad boss.  Everyone I worked for was very nice and was respectful of their employees.  I learned a lot from all of them and it was difficult for me to leave each job.  I don't know if this was the correct response, but I was being honest.
ftdale
just starting

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 05:57:58 AM »

Great answers people. Learned a lot from this thread. People reading this thread should be able to prepare better for their interviews,anticipate such questions and give a cracking answer.
simacaj
just starting

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 01:40:14 AM »

The questions I hate are:

1.  Why are you do you want this job?  - I usually think to myself, Why do you think I want this job?

2. What are your worst qualities?  I hate this question.
Greg
liking it

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »

I had an interview in which the person gave me an actual situation that occured at work and I was asked how I would handle it.  I was totally clueless on how to anwer the question.  I just told him I would refer the situation to my superiors and ask them the proper way to deal with it.  After the interview I reflected on my answer and I think it was a terrible answer.  I should have shown that I can take care of any situation that was thrown my way without asking for help. 
attagirl
settling in

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 07:37:39 PM »

I think there are many questions that are asked that you either have to dance around or lie about. This is simply because if you tell them the truth they will probably not hire you. I am not saying it is ok to lie, I usually dance around the question pretty well, and have gotten the job. I think that even though they should be honest with you they are not always upfront about the job either. Especially if the work is something no one else wants to do.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace