Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 31, 2014, 10:07:39 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreYour experiences (Moderator: HireScoresMark)What would you have done differently?
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What would you have done differently?  (Read 6950 times)
Jenna
liking it

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »

I worked in a restaurant called "Beefsteak"  and we were allowed free drinks and received a discount on any food from the menu.  The discount wasn't that much, but employees ate the food regardless.
Report to moderator   Logged
ktweeden
settling in

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 07:59:37 PM »

At the restaurants I've worked at we were only aloud to eat when we had a double shift. Although, that didn't stop me from having a cheeky slice cake now and then! (Oh the joys of being friends with the desert chef!)
Teddy
liking it

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 04:44:34 PM »

My sister works in a hotel in housekeeping.  The hotel also has a restaurant and the employees are given an allowance towards a meal.  Meaning you can eat something, but only a certain amount.  I don't know if you can go back in the line for more food.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 01:06:06 PM »

If I worked in a fast food chain I doubt I'd also want to eat there for lunch. Do me a favour.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »

Why?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »

I think I'd be sick of the food if I was preparing and cooking it all day.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 03:34:58 PM »

That's true I used to know somebody who worked in a fish and chip shop and she said it put her off fish and chips for life.

Though I'm not sure why but maybe you have to work there to understand.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »

Maybe they saw the secrets of what actually goes on and it put her off the food?
ktweeden
settling in

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 01:26:43 AM »

I used to work every Sunday at a hotel restaurant serving roast dinners all day, and having seen them and smelt them it really put me off. They were made beautifully, I was just sick of the sight of them by the end so it was the last thing I wanted to eat. Luckily I don't work there anymore so I can enjoy brilliance of Sunday roasts once more!
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 03:37:54 PM »

I love a Sunday roast myself  Grin.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 02:11:36 PM »

I don't see why you should get a free lunch just because you work in a fast food chain. What's so special about that? We all have to pay so they should too. Some people might get a job in a fast food place just for the free food. That's not right.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »

I see what you're saying but it's down to an individual employer surely? When I worked at BT we could make free phone calls to landline numbers on our breaks. That's just a "perk" they decided to give to their employees and great it was too. I think that's the same as a fast food chain offering a free lunch to an employee.

Gota
having fun

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with an employer giving it's staff whatever bonuses it sees fit. Some offer a Christmas bonus. Some don't. As somebody here said some offer free phone calls, some offer free lunches, some offer flexible working and flexi-time patterns. Whatever works for you.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »

Exactly. Many bosses offer perks and bonuses and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If I worked in a Subway for example it would probably be the last thing I'd want after serving people all day. A bit like kt said in reference to Sunday roasts.

Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace