Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 23, 2014, 06:14:11 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)What does your desk look like at work?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What does your desk look like at work?  (Read 2500 times)
Timber
liking it

« on: December 29, 2008, 07:13:49 AM »

Some people go to work and have a very organized desk with sharpened pencils ready to write and organized files that are in alphabetical order.  Are you one of these people or is your desk at work messy and dirty?  How would you explain the appearance of your desk?
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:03:06 AM »

Very, very neat and tidy.

Though my desk is at home it would be the same if I was in an office.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »

I have to share my desk with one of many people. I also have to move sometimes four times a day to different desks under different sections. Talk about annoying. People don't leave them greatly and we don't get them cleaned either so there's usually big bits of congealed dust floating around behind the computers here.

Now you partly know why I'm looking for a new job  Lips sealed.
Gota
having fun

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 11:18:31 AM »

My desk is pretty average. Certainly no clumps of dust floating around but I have to admit there's lots on it. I'm a bit of a hoarder so too many pens and pencils etc clutter it up.

Luckily, for me and anybody else I share my desk with no one so it doesn't matter too much.

Why do you have to move so many times a day Bob?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:34:34 AM by forum admin » Report to moderator   Logged
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 09:13:28 PM »

At work, my desk is very very neat. It has to be in order for me to maintain order and get things done efficiently. It's not alphabetized or anything, but everything has its place and I try to keep things there.

My one at home, though, is the exact opposite. It's more of an "organized" mess so that I know where things are, but if a stranger were to see it, they'd wonder how I got anything done! 
Jenna
liking it

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »

My desk is full of papers scattered all over the place and I have a few pens floating around.  I try to be organized, but when someone needs my attention and things are thrown to me, it's hard to stay organized.  Usually I'm spending my day in meetings, talking to people and trying to meet deadlines.  Organization seems to fall short on my list of things to do. 
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 10:29:31 AM »

I wish I had a job where I got my very own desk.

Perhaps one day.
Gota
having fun

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 02:02:15 PM »

It isn't all it's cracked up to be.

And then only you can be responsible for the the mess where as if you move around like you said nobody gets the blame.
Jenna
liking it

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »

I was just thinking...wouldn't it be nice if we all had our own personal assistant at work?  This person would make my life so much simpler.  I'm sure we can all relate to this.

My personal assistant would have the task of returning phone calls, checking my email for those that are important verses those that can wait, organizing all the account payables that come in and log them into the computer for me.  That would be fantastic! 
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace