Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 24, 2014, 03:40:47 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)Contact information on your resume
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Contact information on your resume  (Read 2119 times)
Spinner
liking it

« on: October 27, 2008, 04:42:41 AM »

I always put a phone number on my resume so a company can contact me for an interview, but what if you have more than one phone number?  Should you list your cell phone and home phone number?  What about your email address?  If I put all this on a resume, is this too much?  What does everyone think?
Report to moderator   Logged
Teddy
liking it

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »

I think you should put both your cell phone number and home phone number along with your email address on your resume.  Some people feel more comfortable sending a quick email to candidates looking for work while others will call you on the phone. It's all a matter of preference.
Louisa
just starting

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:06:53 PM »

I agree with Teddy. Contact info doesn't really take up much space so I would recommend you put on all you details. After all do you want to risk them calling you at home, as that's the only number you've given, only for you to be out and they neglect to call back? Stick it all on there I say!

Chevy
liking it

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »

Definitely go ahead and add additional contact information if you have it. Different people are comfortable using different methods of contact, so offering up your email address gives them yet another way to reach out to you if they have questions or want to talk to you.  Do try to have a professional email address name for this purpose, though, and make sure it's something you check frequently. 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »

It's true about the professional email address for this purpose.

I wonder if people consider that?

I used to have a friend who's email address was iamahippo@......

I don't know what a recruiter would think of that? I guess some may find it funny and some might put the CV in the bin if they have dozens to look over for one particular position.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 12:01:19 PM »

I have two email address' and one of them is bobisdaman@hotmail. I wouldn't use this on an application.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 07:12:04 PM »

It's funny this is something I haven't thought of before. My email address is half way between funny and professional but have never considered how it would look.

That said I used it when applying for my current job so it can't be that important.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace