Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 23, 2014, 05:22:44 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)How long do companies keep your application on file?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: How long do companies keep your application on file?  (Read 1590 times)
Tomtom
settling in

« on: October 22, 2008, 07:20:20 PM »

I put an application at a hospital and was later sent a letter saying they currently do not have any job openings, but will keep my application on file.  Does anyone know how long do companies keep your application?  Do they eventually get rid of it after 2-3 months?
Report to moderator   Logged
Louisa
just starting

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 03:11:28 PM »

Sadly I think this is more often a way of being polite. At one of my previous jobs, I am ashamed to say that this was something we put in our standard email response but didn't actually do. After all, after 3 months that person has probably found a job so if you are holding 10s of them it's going to be time consuming to follow them up in case one or two are interested.

It's probably best to keep sending it in when you think appropriate.

Betty
liking it

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 05:25:58 PM »

A few weeks ago I applied for a job.  The company replied with a letter saying they will keep my application on file for one year.  I'm sure my application will eventually be pushed to the side as more and more applicants come in.  My theory is, if they aren't interested in hiring me now, then they probably wont be calling me in any time soon.  I honestly don't think I ever hear from these companies again.  The reality is, they probably toss them out with the trash after a few months.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace