Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 30, 2014, 08:03:27 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)Questions on Job Application
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Questions on Job Application  (Read 3752 times)
lava
liking it

« on: October 08, 2008, 12:10:53 AM »

I recently filled out a job application for a teacher's assistant.  At the end of the application I was asked a series of questions such as, what is your definition of a teacher and how do you define professional behavior?  When I viewed these questions, I couldn't understand why they would put them on the job application form.  Shouldn't these questions be asked during the interview process?
Report to moderator   Logged
Teddy
liking it

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 12:37:10 AM »

Hi Lava,

I think one of the reasons those questions exist is to get a general understanding of your ability to understand the importance the position, especially when you are working with children.  Of course, these are questions that can easily be asked during an interview process, but this procedure helps to weed out candidates who are not serious.  Does that sound logical? 

Greg
liking it

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 10:21:34 PM »

Some job applications do ask strange questions.  I once had a job application that asked me define what makes a good worker and how does it apply to day's society.  Obviously, everyone is goig to write exactly what the interviewer wants to see, such as honost, trustworthy, reliable, organized, etc. So why waste your time with these dull questions?  Who wants to work for a place that even asks these types of questions? 
Chevy
liking it

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 07:56:37 AM »

It sounds like they want to get a bit of an idea about your personality and teaching ideals 'before' they choose whether or not to even bother calling you in for an interview.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »

Those are two very hard questions to answers in a few sentences in my opinion.

Maybe it was one of those, 'continue on a separate sheet of paper if needed' sections.

I'd have to write small essays for each.

Human Resources Philippin
just starting

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 08:30:51 AM »

The interviewer is just testing your thinking skills.They want someone that can think fast in any kind of situation. The position requires someone who can act quickly and respond to problems. It is only a part of knowing your general knowledge about the job.

hr consulting philippines
Staffing Agency Makati
syed2011
just starting

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 08:05:40 AM »

I recently filled out a job application for a teacher's assistant.  At the end of the application I was asked a series of questions such as, what is your definition of a teacher and how do you define professional behavior?  When I viewed these questions, I couldn't understand why they would put them on the job application form.  Shouldn't these questions be asked during the interview process?

According to me "they wanted to know whether you know the abilities and talent require by a teacher to handle student and what you think about it and how you answer it. In all interviews there will be some basic questions which defines the Person views on a particular thing or work.

Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »

I agree what is your definition of a teacher is a very odd question to a trained teacher.
bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »

look out for
city jobs

I recently filled out a job application for a teacher's assistant.  At the end of the application I was asked a series of questions such as, what is your definition of a teacher and how do you define professional behavior?  When I viewed these questions, I couldn't understand why they would put them on the job application form.  Shouldn't these questions be asked during the interview process?

I would rather have them on the form as it gives you time to produce a co-herant answer!

It is just another way of filtering through applications as they need to make sure the applicants understand the job they are playing for, the expectations placed on them and the environment they are working in. It is easier for them to judge that off a form rather than the time spent at interview.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:32:38 PM by bsforrester80 » Report to moderator   Logged
Gota
having fun

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »

This is very true. That question as part of an in depth application form makes so much more sense.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace