Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 25, 2014, 11:10:49 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Is the current credit crunch affecting your attitude to your job?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Is the current credit crunch affecting your attitude to your job?  (Read 1687 times)
Forum Management
Forum Management
Administrator
settling in

« on: October 02, 2008, 06:20:28 PM »

Do you think that the current credit crunch is making you less likely to want to change jobs? 

There does seem to be an increased reluctance to take a risk and leave your current employer at this time.  Is this a view that you share?

It would be great to hears views on this.

Report to moderator   Logged

Forum Management

HireScore.com Forum: bringing together recruiters, candidates and hiring companies

Have you visited HireScores.com?
Pepper
liking it

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 07:20:45 AM »

Recently I heard that as many as 100,000 jobs could be lost in banking and finance over the next 12 months.  This news comes from the collapse of banks such as Lehman Brothers, the nationalisation of Bradford&Bingley and the takeover of HBOS.   

I personally feel that we are about to enter into a deep recession as people try to hold on to their jobs and save their money in fear of what is yet to come.  In fact, the cost of other loans, from credit cards to the car deals is rising, too. The days of cheap credit are over and people are feeling the pinch of high prices all over.
Drake
liking it

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 07:28:01 AM »

I agree, with the way the economy is going, you better keep your job because you can't afford to go around searching for a new job just because you want a new atmosphere or job title.  Times are getting tough and this is not the time to explore your job prospects. 

In addition, if you decide to change jobs, you are competing with several other people who were laid off from their previous job.  Chances are, it will take you a long time to finally land a new job.  Best to stay where you are. 
Betty
liking it

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:01:43 AM »

I'm starting to really get scared about the economy.  I've never seen anything like this before!  I'm already thinking about taking my money out of the bank and put it somewhere else.  Everyone is talking about this at work and many people feel there are many more companies that are going under, but who wants to join the pool of people who are already looking for work?  The job market is getting too competitive.  It seems as though all jobs are being affected today and it doesn't matter what your specialty is.
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 06:37:48 AM »

I think the credit crunch is causing people to hate their current job even more because they are forced to take the abuse that comes with a job.  We all know there have been times when you've been fed up with work, your boss, and coworkers.  Your ready to tell your boss, "I quit", but now your forced to take the punishment.  You can't afford to  walk out the door, so you stay.  Your resentment builds up and you are forced to keep it inside.  That's not a healthy work environment. 
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace